Journey of Dr Jignesh Thacker- Joint Replacement Surgeon




Trying to connect Dots from past


The journey started when I took 11th science after my 10th,my parents told me to take commerce and study stress free as already my elder brother and sister has gone through science and that time trend was like students with higher rank take medicine and then engineering and last remaining will take B.Sc.

So according to all they thought I m not going to get medicine as it was near impossible or difficult until someone does it. But I was firm on my decision and i asked my father to get me bile if I get more than 90% in science. 

So the journey started from there and I got 410/450 in science.so as per scenario I got MBBS in baroda medical college.

In first year of MBBS I told one of  my friend that I will become Orthopaedic Surgeon and I wrote in diary also.At that time I dont have much idea about Orthopaedics.But it came from inside somehow. 

So after MBBS I wants to earn some money so I started doing job and preparing for PG entrance but it's tough competition there and I couldn't able to get MD/MS. So I have plan for DNB and it's really tough to get pass DNB. First I was told and its belief that non clinical branch its comparatively easy to pass in DNB. So I started searching for DNB pediatrics, finally I got in DNB pedia but due to some reasons I left it and tried few other places too. After some 5 to 6 month I got selected in DNB ophthalmology but somehow that also I have to left and I was actually not at all interested In both these. Finally day come of counseling and I picked up DNB Orthopaedics in coimbatore which I never heard off.Before joining it's too much thinking going on how will be the place and etc.

After reaching coimbatore it was difficult to understand Tamil and difficulty continues but somehow determination was strong and I continued with that and it's day come when 3 years passed very fast and I learned Tamil also. Tamilnadu was nice place and I am still missing the love and care and passion about teaching they have.I learned Orthopaedics, Tamil and so many friends I made there. And I still remember that hapiness of applying first plaster and getting surgeries under supervision. 

I still have that diary where I have written that I will become Orthopaedic Surgeon. And I cleared DNB Orthopaedic which was not less than nightmare to clear DNB examinations.

After that I joined GMERS VADODARA , Trust hospital in keshod and sterling hospital gandhidham where most of the complex trauma I have done and got good experiences and patients blessing. 

Then I want to do something Speciality in field of Orthopaedic and knee replacement was one of my dream at mbbs time also. So I joined sunshie hospital Hyderabad for fellowship in Joint Replacement surgery and hospital has 20 to 25 knee replacement per day and very good exposure and training.

After getting through all I started my Hip & Knee clinic in anjar then started Orthopaedic hospital in gandhidham but it's difficult to get trust and get patient ready to undergo Joint replacement in small town where people has attraction for metro cities. 

But after all struggle I operated my first knee replacement at gandhidham of my teacher and then she was operated for second knee also and now she is walking pain free and Independently.I have operated 15 to 20 patient for knee replacement in last 1.5 years and that's reasonably good numbers for small town and getting patient convinced for operation.

Now I am getting phone calls and patient from all around kutch and few calls from Mumbai also and I have my 80% patients who visit me for knee pain only and we have build trust in them by our approach.

Next dream is no patient will go outside kutch for knee replacement and build that trust amongst our patient.

We are Planning to build biggest Joint Replacement Centre so people from other part will come to kutch for getting operated. And we are planning to give services of Navigation as well as robotic knee replacement in future. 

Let's unite and build best healthcare facilities in kutch.

You can follow our  Facebook page 

You can see video on YouTube

Online video Consultation from anywhere 

You can book online appointment or visit our Website

Directly msg on WhatsApp

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

RICE formula for Fresh Injury

Heel Pain - How to Deal with it??